Fashion month has officially begun and it all starts in The Big Apple; New York City. It’s a time where designers, celebrities, and bloggers all come together to see the Spring/Summer 2018 collections! When it came to hair and makeup, many designers went for understated looks. This really allows for the garments to stand out and makes them look more “purchase ready”.
Hair is something that I struggle with, I typically rotate between two styles… Curly and straight. How lame! My fabulous social media assistant Lauren Gudz (We have the same name, hilarious right?) is a hair and makeup artist! We were really inspired by the hairstyles we saw on the runway this year and wanted to see if we could recreate some of these looks. This week, we will be showing how to create 3 New York Fashion Week inspired hairstyles that are quick, easy, and will have you leaving the house looking runway ready ;)!
HAIRSTYLE #1 Inspired by Carolina Herrera S/S 2018
The model’s locks were perfectly straight and tucked behind the ears for an ultra chic look.
Here are the steps to achieve this straight, sleek, and chic down-do that took us hardly any time at all!
- Start by spraying your hair with your favourite heat protectant (currently, I’m loving the Davines Melu Hair Sheild)
- Part your hair down the middle of your head
- Straighten your hair in sections and slightly curve the straightener towards the face to taper the ends so it’s not completely poker straight
- Section off two pieces of hair on both sides of the face, it should be the hair that falls in front of your ear. Right before the crown starts is where you should section from. Whatever hair is not in these sections can be clipped back for easier execution of this look (these clips make doing my hair 10X easier)
- Take these pieces and give them a little spray of your favourite hairspray and use a tail comb to slick them back and pull the sections behind the ears
- Take 2-3 bobby pins and secure both sections one at a time, so they are nice and snug against your head
- Release the rest of the hair, it should fall just behind the ear behind the pinned sections.
That’s all there is to it! What do you think of this look? If you try out this style, make sure to share your pics because I’d love to see your recreations!
– xo Lauren Will
This post contains affiliate links, for full disclosure click here